By Priya Narayan
Summers are here and we are here to face it with a smile. We have fond memories of our childhood days when our grannies would make homemade pickles up on the terrace and how we would always find a way to nibble on those raw mangoes set out for drying.
Reliving one such memory is Kunjareetha Anand Rao, a teacher from Mumbai who every year creates some of the tastiest and healthiest pickles that I have come across. In this recipe, she teaches us how to make a pickle of Methi leaves. Methi is known for its digestive properties and is excellent for improving the body’s immunity.
Methi Leaves Pickle. Photo courtesy: Kunjareetha Anand Rao
- Methi leaves – 1 bunch
- Green Chilies – 5 to 6
- Tamarind – small size ball
- Salt as per taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric – one pinch or 1/4 teaspoon
- First, remove and wash only the leaves (no stem).
- Then soak tamarind for some time (10 to 15 minutes).
- Then in a little oil fry methi leaves, tamarind and chillies, until the water is totally soaked and the mixture is dry.
- Then add salt and turmeric, fry for two more minutes, cool and grind the mixture then store in an airtight container.
Publish your recipes on The Lifestyle Portal:
Have an exciting recipe to share? Send us your original recipes with high-quality pics to [email protected] to get your recipe published! Don’t forget to send us your profile pic and a short bio to go with it.