They say, ‘necessity is the mother of invention’, for me, it’s food. I usually get tired of eating the same thing for breakfast, especially on weekends. Weekdays, I don’t mind the mundane breakfast of oats, bread with peanut butter…but weekends have got to be special. I have a weakness for mushrooms. Whenever I visit my favourite food store ‘Godrej Nature’s Basket’, in my neighbourhood, I always make it a point to bring back a pack or two freshly packed mushrooms. Recently I made this hearty mushroom omlette which is quick and easy to make and very filling and wanted to share this with you.
- Eggs – 1-2 nos.
- Mushrooms – 5-6 nos.
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper crushed to taste
- White sesame seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil
- Coriander leaves – 2-3 strands finely chopped
- Chilli flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Oregano seasoning – a pinch
- Garlic – 2 flakes
1. Heat Olive oil in a wok and add the crushed garlic flakes, oregano, chilli flakes, white sesame seeds and saute for 2 mins.
2. Now add the chopped (washed and clean) mushrooms and saute for 2-5 mins until cooked.
3. Crack two eggs in a bowl and transfer the cooked mushrooms in the eggs.
4. Sprinkle salt, pepper and add the finely chopped coriander leaves.
5. Beat the eggs with all this well.
6. Add some more Olive Oil in the same wok and pour the egg and mushroom mix and spread it out evenly.
7. Cook both sides on low flame and transfer on plate and serve hot.