No Indian festivals are complete without these gorgeous fun-filled Gujiyas. Usually served during the festival of colours Holi, Gujiyas are a beautiful blend of a sweet and a snack.
These beautifully shaped sweet puffs come stuffed with khoya and desiccated coconut. Here’s a healthier version of the recipe, shared by none other than celebrity Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. Take a look…
Baked Gujiyas anyone?
For the dough
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ½ cup ragi flour
- ½ cup Water
For the filling
- ½ cup mawa
- ½ cup palm jaggery
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Poppy seeds
- Cardamom powder
- Mix the wheat flour, ragi flour, some melted butter and water in a bowl and knead into dough.
- Next, roast poppy seeds and the desiccated coconut separately on a pan. Keep it aside to cool down.
- Once cooled, grind the poppy seeds and coconut together in a mixer grinder.
- Then, mix this ground mixture with mawa, jaggery and cardamom powder. The filling is ready.
- Now, take the dough and make small round balls. Roll out each ball to make a small round roti.
- Next, place a spoonful of the filling on each of the rotis.
- Fold them into half and seal the open side by softly folding the edges.
- Next, preheat the oven to 180 degrees for about 8 minutes.
- Place all the gujiyas on the baking tray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now, remove the tray from the oven and turn all the gujiyas over, to cook the other side. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and let them cool.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes; Cooking Time 25; Serving: 6-7
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor
A popular name in the Indian food and beverage industry, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is a household name who is instrumental in revamping how India perceived its food through his recipes and food shows.
After receiving a lot of success and fan following from his show ‘Khana Khazana’, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor went on to launch a highly popular channel dedicated to all things related to food and beverage called FoodFood.
An author of several cookbooks and clocking in almost two decades in the F&B industry, Chef Sanjvee Kapoor has been recently awarded the Padma Shri in 2017.
Publish your recipes on The Lifestyle Portal:
Have an exciting recipe to share? Send us your original recipes with high-quality pics to [email protected] to get your recipe published! Don’t forget to send us your profile pic and a short bio to go with it.