Here’s a fun recipe shared by one of our readers – Rimmi Harindran.
We simply love the simple yet stylish recipe and how well it has turned out. We can’t wait to try it! 🙂
If you’d like to share a recipe with our readers, email it to us at [email protected] with a gorgeous photograph clicked by you to compliment the recipe.
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ½ cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Aniseed extract/essence or seeds
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees C.
- Blend the oil, sugar, eggs well in a bowl. Add the aniseed and nuts.
- Combine the flour and baking powder – stir into the egg mixture. This should form a heavy dough.
- Divide the dough into two; roll each portion and place on a greased baking tray. The dough should be ½ inch thick.
- Bake for 30 mins in the pre heated oven, until golden brown.
- Remove from the tray; allow it to cool slightly.
- Slice the biscotti to 1 ½ or 2 cm thickness.
- Place back on baking tray and bake for 5-7 mins on each side until its toasted and crisp.
About our reader – Rimmi, pencil lover, compulsive shoe shopper and Altoids addict, wishes there were 40 hours in a day. Possibly that would be enough to let her do the things she loves to do and desires to do more of…read, write, doodle, listen to music, travel, sleep, dream, drive into the horizon at an unknown location…the list is endless. Apart from this, as her day job, she handles the India communications for a leading German pharma company.
Phew! And in all this – she manages to bake and so sweetly share the recipe with The Lifestyle Portal.