Try a healthier alternative for a pizza – make Semolina (Rava) Pizza
Text by: Priya Narayan
Shalini Udhani Bajaj is a Counsellor by profession and a mother of two, an experimental cook, a storyteller and a nature conservationist. She shares with us her children’s favourite Rava Pizza, that is easy to make, and is loaded with fresh veggies and yummy cheese.
For the base
- Rava/ Sooji 1 cup
- Curd 1/2 cup
- Eno salt 1 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Water 1/2 to 3/4 cup
For the topping
- Chopped capsicum – 1 tbsp
- Chopped onions – 1 tbsp
- Chopped tomatoes – 1 tbsp
- Mushroom boiled and thinly sliced – 1 tbsp
- Pizza sauce – 3 tbsp.
- Grated Mozzarella cheese – 1/2 cup
- For the base mix all the ingredients except the Eno salt. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Adjust the consistency to get an idli batter consistency.
- Add the Eno salt.
- Take 2 spoons of oil in a nonstick pan or tava. Pour the prepared mixture.
- Cover the pan and let it cook in the steam as you reduce the flame to the lowest.
- Once firm on the top, drizzle a few drops of oil and turn the base very carefully and gently.
- Spread some pizza sauce, grated cheese and the veggies and cover again.
As the cheese melts carefully dish it out on a plate and cut into quarters. Enjoy the delicious homemade healthy pizza.
Publish your recipes on The Lifestyle Portal:
Have an exciting recipe to share? Send us your original recipes with high-quality pics to firstname.lastname@example.org to get your recipe published! Don’t forget to send us your profile pic and a short bio to go with it.