Celebrity Chef Sanjeev Kapoor shares some brilliant homemade snack recipes for the festive season. We’re starting with the first of the series with the lip-smacking tea time favourite snack – Chaklis.
No festival or tea time chit chat session is complete without the inclusion of these Chaklis. If you’re keen on making some for your evening tea or for a celebration, here’s how you can make them.
Make yummy Chaklis at home!
- 2 Cups Rice Flour
- 1 Cup Besan Flour
- 1 ¼ Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Ajwain Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 3 Tablespoons of regular butter
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- Salt to taste
How to make Chaklis:
- Crush cumin and ajwain seeds together in the blender.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of regular butter. Take rice flour, besan, add crushed cumin and ajwain, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, sesame seeds, salt and mix them together.
- Pour butter and mix well; now add water and start kneading the dough.
- Once it’s at a set consistency, let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Use a Chakli maker to shape the dough into that of a chakli.
- Deep fry the Chaklis till they turn light brown from both sides.
- Drain the excess oil in an absorbent paper and serve when cooled.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes; Cooking Time 30 minutes: Serving: 4
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor
A popular name in the Indian food and beverage industry, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is a household name who is instrumental in revamping how India perceived its food through his recipes and food shows.
After receiving a lot of success and fan following from his show ‘Khana Khazana’, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor went on to launch a highly popular channel dedicated to all things related to food and beverage called FoodFood.
An author of several cookbooks and clocking in almost two decades in the F&B industry, Chef Sanjvee Kapoor has been recently awarded the Padma Shri in 2017.
Publish your recipes on The Lifestyle Portal:
Have an exciting recipe to share? Send us your original recipes with high-quality pics to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to get your recipe published! Don’t forget to send us your profile pic and a short bio to go with it.