Dr. Shabana Saleem, shares yet another non-vegetarian delicacy with us. Try it out today and tell us what you think!
- Minced meat (lamb, beef or even chicken can be used, though traditionally it is made with red meat) – 250gms
- Chana Daal 50gms
- Coriander finely chopped – ½ cup
- Chilly powder-1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder - half tea spoon
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tea spoons
- Pepper corns- 5
- Poppy seeds- half teaspoon
- One inch cinnamon stick
- One onion chopped
- One egg
- Garam masala powder – ½ tea spoon
- Grated coconut one and a half table spoon
- Oil – 1 table spoon
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pressure pan , add cinnamon and fry the onions slightly.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste, garam masala, turmeric powder , minced meat and saute until all the excess water evaporates.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except coriander and the eggs and saute well .
- Now add one cup of water and pressure cook till the meat is cooked and allow all the steam to escape gradually.
- Open the lid and dry up all the water on high flame and allow it to cool ( make sure it is absolutely dry).
- Transfer the contents and grind coarsely with the egg.
- Add the finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Make patties and shallow fry until golden brown.
- Serve hot with mint chutney’ alternatively it can be placed on the skewers and barbequed.
If you liked this, you may also like to try out Mutton Char Pyaaza as well.
Text and Photograph by: Dr. Shabana Saleem.